domenica 26 marzo 2017

kvetchlandia: Fred W. McDarrah     Poets LeRoi Jones (later...



kvetchlandia:

Fred W. McDarrah     Poets LeRoi Jones (later Amiri Baraka) and Diane di Prima, Cedar Tavern, Greenwich Village, New York City      1960


Lately, I’ve become accustomed to the way
The ground opens up and envelopes me
Each time I go out to walk the dog.
Or the broad edged silly music the wind
Makes when I run for a bus…

Things have come to that.

And now, each night I count the stars.
And each night I get the same number.
And when they will not come to be counted,
I count the holes they leave.

Nobody sings anymore.

And then last night I tiptoed up
To my daughter’s room and heard her
Talking to someone, and when I opened
The door, there was no one there…
Only she on her knees, peeking into

Her own clasped hand

–Amiri Baraka, “Preface to a Twenty Volume Suicide Note”


you are my bread
and the hairline noise
of my bones
you are almost
the sea

you are not stone
or molten sound
I think
you have no hands

this kind of bird flies backwards
and this love
breaks on a windowpane
where no light talks

this is not the time
for crossing tongues
(the sand here
never shifts)

I think
tomorrow
turned you with his toe
and you will
shine
and shine
unspent and underground

–Diane Di Prima, “The Window”



Nessun commento :

Posta un commento