sabato 27 marzo 2021

crazymisstoast:50 more books I like and want to suggestSome time ago I made a post about 50 books I...

crazymisstoast:

50 more books I like and want to suggest


Some time ago I made a post about 50 books I liked and wanted to suggest. Many people seemed to have liked the post and since then I have read more, so here is part 2. These are literally just suggestions, you don’t have to read these books – I just like sharing what I like :D

(Also I hope that I won’t name a book from the other list, but if I do – well, that just shows you how much I like it I guess)

1. The Trojan Women, Euripides

2. Guards, Guards!, Terry Pratchett

3. Vengeful, V.E. Schwab

4. Hertha, Fredrika Bremer

5. Crime and Punishment, Fyodor Dostoevsky

6. Love, Hanne Ørstavik

7. The wild duck, Henrik Ibsen

8. The little friend, Donna Tartt (this book should be known much better – Tartt proves here that she can absolutely write fantastic and deep female characters. Also, southern gothic!)

9. The bell jar, Sylvia Plath

10. Bungo Stray Dogs (yes, I know, this is a manga series, but since almost all the characters are based on writers, I think it belongs here as well, and because it inspired me to look up many of the Japanese writers that are named.)

11. Mara und der Feuerbringer, Tommy Krappweis

12. Frankissstein, Jeanette Winterson

13. If on a winter’s night a traveler, Italo Calvino

14. Gentlemen and players, Joanne Harris

15. Silence of the lambs, Thomas Harris

16. Religion and the decline of magic, Keith Thomas

17. Tonio Kröger, Thomas Mann

18. Staubchronik, Lin Rina

19. Oranges are not the only fruit, Jeanette Winterson

20. Philoctetes, Sophokles

21. An Arrow’s flight, Mark Merlis

22. The Starless Sea, Erin Morgenstern

23. Kinderwhore, Maria Kjos Fonn

24. Warrior Cats, Erin Hunter

25. Educating Rita, Willy Russell

26. The age of the fish, Ödon von Horvath

27. Radio girls, Sarah-Jane Stratford

28. The golden Compass, Phillip Pullman

29. The psychology of time travel, Kate Mascarenhas

30. Earthlings, Sayaka Murata (although MASSIVE trigger-warnings – that book is one of the most fucked up things I have read in a long time)

31. The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Justified Sinner, James Hogg

32. The easter Parade, Richard Yates

33. How to stop time, Matt Haig

34. A moveable feast, Ernest Hemmingway

35. Schöner als der Tod, Boris Akunin

36. The noise of time, Julian Barnes

37. Lady Chatterley’s lover, D. H. Lawrence

38. No longer human, Osamu Dazai

39. A separate peace, John Knowles

40. A gentleman’s guide to vice and virtue, Mackenzi Lee

41. Brave new world, Aldous Huxley

42. Die Buchspringer, Mechthild Gläser

43. Erebos, Ursula Poznanski

44. Dr. Faustus, Christopher Marlowe

45. The lessons, Naomi Alderman

46. Middlesex, Jeffrey Eugenides

47. Effi liest, Anna Moretti

48. Hunger, Knut Hamsun

49. The strange tale of panorama island, Edogawa Ranpo

50. Myths/Mythen, Johannes V. Jensen

50 more books I like and want to suggest



Nessun commento :

Posta un commento