giovedì 6 giugno 2019

faireladypenumbra: I think as a writer, personally anyway, there’s a lot of creative time spent...

faireladypenumbra:

I think as a writer, personally anyway, there’s a lot of creative time spent trying to recreate the spark I first found when I started writing. That “up at 4am with 3,000 words under my belt” feeling. I’m slower now, now meticulous, and can spend months on a project that used to take me weeks. I plan more than I actually pen down, and though my drafts are easier to polish, they take forever now. You begin to fear you went off the rails somewhere: there are tons of articles, and self-help guides, and motivating quotes about these growing pains.

it’s taken me a few projects to realize that writing isn’t about chasing the original energy that made you a writer, but connecting with the parts that make you a better one. Writing is something that grows with you, rather than a stagnant happy space- or it should be anyway. This is growth, I have to remind myself, and change is good.



Nessun commento :

Posta un commento