giovedì 26 aprile 2018

Writers: It’s okay to take a break.

theliteraryarchitect:

Just a friendly reminder that it’s okay to take a break from writing. For a day. For a month. For however long you want to. Just because you aren’t physically writing doesn’t mean you’re not a writer. Resting is part of the process, too. So is meandering, living life, letting ideas flow through you while you take a long bath. Go have experiences so that you have something to write about. Get your heart broken. Rub your face on the grass. Sleep. If you hate yourself if you aren’t writing or being overtly “productive,” the question to ask is not, “How can I force myself to write more so that I feel better about myself?” but “How can I love myself no matter what?” and “How can I respect my process, which involves periods of not wanting to or not being able to write?” You don’t have to DO anything to be worthy, lovable, and awesome. It’s okay to take break.



Nessun commento :

Posta un commento